very chilli


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
October 24th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Church of the Assumption,Bled LakeChurch of the Assumption,Bled LakeChurch of the Assumption,Bled Lake

Very cold, and there is that damn low cloud.
waking easliy for a change i started the day lazily at 9am..time to get off my arse to do a day trip i thought..so Bled it was.
It is surprisingly close to Ljubljana where im based, only 1hr 20mins includeing the traffic we hit downtown.
the first thing that hit me was the temperature. it was bloody freezing! i had a polafleece shirt, a jacket, scalf and beanie on and yet i was really contimplating jumping straight back on that bus and heading back to civilisation namely a hot cappucino by the river in Ljubljana, which was cloked in sunshine when i left. no such luck in Bled, there was low cloud obscuring the mountains that apparenly form an amazing backdrop to Bled Lake. that was after all the main reason i had decided to head into the mountains this close to winter, being an absolute wimp when it comes to the cold. the desire to see that damn famous church on some island in the middle of this cold and unimpressive lake was the only thing that spered me on. so to fight the cold i started walking, fast.
i quickly became very impressed with the lake as it was so clear and pristeen that you could see the bottom for a few metres and ever fish swimming about. all the wildlife was so tame and just didnt seem to care that you were stareing, especally not the stage stealing swans.
despite the cold i soon made the 6km walk right around the lake, taking photos that were dissapointingly dark and ordinary due to the low cloud (it couldnt possibly be the operator:-). ad despite the beautiful views i decided to catch the early bus back, what was i going to do now that i had seen the sight and walked the walk? there was no way i was going to climb the mountain!
so straight back to Ljubljana for a hot chocolate enjoying the last shalfs of sun by the river..yes now that is my comfort zone.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0935s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb