Bled


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
September 29th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bled Slovenia

Our journey from Vienna to Venice was broken up by another jewel in this amazing tour of central Europe. Arriving in Bled, Slovenia set on a lake surrounded in snow capped mountains and pure fresh air in time for dinner. This was a chance to sample their famed stake and truffles which although interesting probably an acquired taste.

Unfortunately for my livers sake Roxy, Alan and I discovered a live music club where we enjoyed the talents of a Slovenian heavy metal band and the local brew. After falling off my stool at the end of the evening we made our way home stirring for a much needed cooked breakfast.

Fighting a doggy stomach (can’t blame the truffles) a few of us took the local bus to Banji to climb one of the countries highest ski resorts by cable car to enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and lakes.

During the afternoon we returned to Bled where I took walk around the lake, taking in at few photographic he sights of a local folk music festival and finishing competition on the way to take some memorable photos of this picturesque resort.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

BledBled
Bled

Lake Bled
BledBled
Bled

Room With A View
BledBled
Bled

Castle On The Hill
Bohinj Bohinj
Bohinj

Slovenia Mountains
Bohinj Bohinj
Bohinj

Bohinj Peak Slovenia
Bohinj Bohinj
Bohinj

Reflections Of Bohinj
BledBled
Bled

Lake Gondola
BledBled
Bled

Slovenian Folk Music
Bled Bled
Bled

Island on the Lake
BledBled
Bled

Lake Island


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb