It's Bled time - Day4


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
June 1st 2004
Published: June 1st 2004
Edit Blog Post

Guess what?Guess what?Guess what?

Bled Castle
The bus is the best way to get to Bled apparently unless you have plenty of time then go by train. Not sure how that works but we got on the bus. I think costing 1000 SIT as everything seems to.

It took between 1 and 2 hours to get there and when we arrived we headed straight to our apartment to dump our bags. We had an apartment for five as we like space, or some mates failed to come. This time we couldn’t allow others to share, as it wasn’t a hostel. The girl on reception at the sister hotel was hot, a definite 11/11 (new scale).

We was going to stay in Bled for 5 days and that would be the end of our pre-booked accommodation, after that we need to book fast as others we’ve met had said everywhere is fully booked. Others have said the opposite tho.

We decided to find somewhere to eat and the place Roland chose from the guidebook was called the Belvedere and was part way around the lake. So off we went. We stopped and asked a local but he couldn’t understand what we were asking. He eventually told us it was closed, not sure if that was out-of-season closed or what but we continued round the lake until we found somewhere to eat. As usual nobody else was eating at the time we were, it seems nobody eats in Slovenia.

We continued round the lake and I commented that we should do this each day, maybe run, cycle and walk some more.

Oh and there are no tanks in Bled either.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb