Flowering and healing Prekmurje


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Prekmurje
August 1st 2017
Published: August 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

To the most northeast part of Slovenia is about 2h away from Ljubljana (with a car). It is located near the border with Hungary and Austria, on the right bank of the Mura River. Prekmurje is a flatland hilly area where it mainly deals with agriculture and viticulture.

Our first goal was Vinarium. The navigation device led us across the hills, past the vineyards, along the narrow path, where the encounter with the opposite car would be very uncomfortable. When we arrived to Vinarium, we noticed that a nice asphalt road led from the other side. Anyway, we've experienced this diverse green landscape at least from the close. Vinarium is a 53.5m high viewing tower from where there is a really good view of the surrounding area. On the ground floor there is a buffet and a children’s playground, also the parking is nicely arranged. Entrance fee is 7eur, which I think is very high considering that you can only reach the top with a lift or go on foot for 240 steps, enjoy a beautiful view and go back down.

Then we went to the Museum of Lendava, where they showed the history of the Lendava castle, a very interesting collection of butterflies, the memorial room Gyorgya Zale (artist), a collection of small plastic in the bronze and an exhibition of Salvador Dali. This exhibition was also a reason why we decided to visit the museum.

After viewing the artwork, we went to Ocean Orchids. It is a company that produces 2 million orchids on a year. There is a tropical garden that stretches over 350m2 and you can see more than 900 exotic specimens of about a hundred plants (orchids, bananas, avocados, vanilla, papaya, mango, pineapple, ilang, tara, ginger, carambola ...). From the garden you can also look over the glass wall into the production where every day about 4000 orchids bloom. The entrance to the garden is something special, the sympathetic green exterior of the greenhouse immediately informs you that something interesting is waiting for you. I really liked visiting a tropical garden and I advise it to all plant enthusiasts. The entrance is free, but you will definitely not leave it without buying one, two or maybe three beautiful orchids.

The last thing on our list was Lake Bukovnik. It is a reservoir which extends on 8ha. The lake is not suitable for swimming (you wouldn’t even want to, when you will see that brown green dirty water). It is surrounded by a lush forest that offers shade to visitors, pleasant walking paths, camping, picnic areas, sport activities (Adventure Park). Around the lake is a forested learning area for which you will spend an hour and a half. There is also a chapel of Sv. Vid and Vid's source. The water from this source has energy and healing effect on the eyes, hearing, nerves and skin. There are 50 healing places in the vicinity of the chapel. The points have a beneficial effect on bile and kidney stones, mental, emotional, depressive problems, pain, blood vessels, intestines, respiratory, liver, skin, heart, rheumatism ... we walked across the woods to the lake and for a short time sat at a couple of medication points. However, our health won’t be better, because you should visit these points several days in a raw to achieve the better result. But also just a feeling that we were at the healing points helped us to feel healthier.

While you are driving along the Lendava roads observe the surroundings, because you may have the happiness like we do and see the storks in the nest.
After visiting this beautiful places we drove back home with orchids and healing energy. For all of you who are going to visit this part of Slovenia for several days, there are more than just these four sightings. For example the Dobrovnik settlement, a friend's park, an ampelographic garden, a craft house, typical farms ... For those who would like to spend the day in water, you can visit the Moravske toplice or Terme Lendava. And don’t forget to try some traditional dishes such as Prekmurska gibanica, poppy noodles, bograč, bujta repa...


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb