I love this place


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia
April 2nd 2006
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For the first time we were in a country where we couldn't understand a single word of the language. Good and bad at the same time. Bad because we couldn't find our way from the train station to the hostel. Good that we had a good excuse to talk to the gorgeous girls from Bratislava!!! Don't forget we are from Brazil, it means we are used to good looking girls, but nothing compares to Slovakia! We were even shy to approach that beauties thinking they would be snobbish (like the beautiful ones back home). On the contrary, they were friendly and helpful.
Here the vibe of the hostels started to change. The travelers here were less sightseeing oriented and more chilled out. The hostels are no longer just a cheap accommodation but have life on their own.
In the first night, after going around town sightseeing, we grouped other backpackers in the hostel to go out for dinner and a few beers in a local tavern. It was so much fun to hear each others traveling stories. Like in the first night next day we joined forces for dinner again, but this time it was a Italian guy in charge of
Bratislava CastleBratislava CastleBratislava Castle

Overlooking the city!
the cooking at the hostel's kitchen. Of course his specialty was... Pasta! Sounds easy, but the challenge was to cook for 16 people using only a tiny pot and a frying pan. Probably the most delicious spaghetti we had so far! Compliments to the chef!
Next day we had already our packs on when we stopped for lunch at a small Chinese restaurant, without imagine we would meet Radoslav Gaman, a student who first helped us ordering food, than took us to a local bar and introduced us to their local soft drink made out of a side product from beer brewing. He also invited all his friends to join us and we had a great afternoon. If we hadn't booked our tickets we would have accepted his invitation for staying longer.
From Bratislava we wanted to go to Budapest by boat, but the flooding didn't let us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

BratislavaBratislava
Bratislava

A short walk around the castle.
Musketeers?Musketeers?
Musketeers?

Athos, Porthos... and where are the others?
Fernando's feticheFernando's fetiche
Fernando's fetiche

Not even the statue escaped!


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb