All about Bratislava Airport Terminals, Flights, Transport and Passenger Services


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia
November 7th 2023
Published: November 7th 2023
Edit Blog Post

The primary airport serving Slovakia and the rest of central Europe is letisko Bratislava. It is also known as Milan Rastislav Tefánik International Airport (IATA code: BTS). This airport is only a one-hour drive from Vienna in Austria, Brno in the Czech Republic, and Gyôr in Hungary.

It is nine kilometers away from the city center of Bratislava. You'll find more information regarding BTS terminals, airlines, and other modes of transportation, as well as passenger services and hotels, in this post.

Bratislava International Airport has various terminals

Only one passenger terminal building makes up the entirety of the Bratislava Airport complex. This building is subdivided into two zones: the main zone (A) and a non-Schengen arrivals and departures zone (B).

Travelers can find a public departures area on the ground floor. It has passenger handling services and check-in counters, for their convenience. A portion of it is set aside to process arrivals from countries that are not members of the Schengen area.

They can access the second floor using the escalators. This is how they will proceed through the security checkpoints that lead to gates 1 to 8. And then they can clear the passport control to proceed to gates 9 to 13. These are the gates from which Ryanair airline flights to non-Schengen destinations depart. In order to board their planes, passengers must first access the second floor.

How to travel from the airport to Bratislava city centre?

After arriving at the Bratislava airport, passengers have the option of taking public bus line 61 (N61, which operates at night). This will take them to the city center and the railway station, or they can take Slovak lines to travel to other locations inside Slovakia.

There are also bus and coach services provided by other companies, like as Blaguss and Flixbus. These services can run between BTS and both Vienna city and Vienna International airport. Alternately, there are taxi stands outside the airport, in addition to vehicle rental offices located onsite. Budget, Enterprise, Alamo, Sixt, and Hertz are some of the companies that you have the option of renting a car from.

Passenger services available in Bratislava airport

You can take advantage of all of the services when you are traveling via Bratislava International Airport throughRyanair airline. There is courtesy battery charging outlets near the boarding gates for your electrical gadgets.

Free and unlimited access to the WiFi internet network across the entire facility is readily available. Retail stores and restaurants before and after security checkpoints are present. This will be including Eat&Fly, The Food Market, Mediapress, the Jet Bar, Heinemann Duty Free, Volare, and Slovak Home Products, among others.

The Business Lounge, also known as the "Mastercard Caproni Lounge," is reserved for passengers with business-class plane tickets. It is often used by frequent fliers and members of the Priority Pass and Lounge Key reward programs. You can also use it if you have purchased a daily pass while coming from wizzair airline.

You can stay within the lounge for a maximum of two hours. During this time you can consume free food and beverages and read newspapers and magazines.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.588s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb