Back to the Ginger Money


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Presov Region » High Tatras
April 15th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Hike


The TopThe TopThe Top

This is how far we made and boy were we shagged!
I decide to head back to the Ginger Monkey in the High Tatras - to help Ritchie who had to go to Switzerland for his girlfriends Father's funeral. He had asked if I could when I was there the previous week - and well Wally need some one to watch him for a few days.

So I heade back there with Greg who I meet in the hostel the night before and we headed off at about 8 in the morning to get the first train. It took us a good few hours to get there and didnt arrive until about 3pm.

Lars the crazy dane was still there - so probably didnt actually need to come back. But this place has a very homely feel to it. One of its major draw cards. That night we headed out to a restaurant and I once again had the chicken. (It was really good).

The next day Greg was up early - and a little too eager for the hike that I had agreed to go on. Jeremy another Perth guy was also staying there and he also agreed to come.

We headed off and stopped by the shop to get some food, as we planned to get up to one of the highest points of the trails. We took wally and got underway about 12.

The trails were still snow covered and this snow started to get pretty deep. But we kept going. We saw some bear tracks on the path. Wally the little energetic dog - whom I am now convinced is on speed - was charging ahead and we had to keep calling him back.

The further we got up the mountain the less of the trail we could find and soon we couldnt see any. Given that it had been snow cover for the last 6 months - it really shouldnt have been much of a surprise. But we kept heading up. After the hiking turned into literally climbing. At 3pm we stopped for lunch - absolutely soaked and by this point it started to get freezing. We had some tucker and decided it was best to head down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The TeamThe Team
The Team

Greg, Jeza & Wally - trying to maul my leg out of shot.
The snow slideThe snow slide
The snow slide

This is were we came down - sliding on our buts.
The ViewThe View
The View

Unbeatable


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb