Slovak Open- Canoe World Series


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava
May 19th 2007
Published: May 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

pict0057pict0057pict0057

Tim and Tom
Today was all about Slalom Canoeing. The Slovak Open is part of the World Series of Canoeing. Sydney was the 1st race, Bratislava the 2nd and the 3rd is the Dutch.

Canoeing is huge in Brastislava with current Olympic and World Champions residing here.

Tim & Tom went into todays race a little under done with Tim still recovering from a virus, so expectations were not huge although hopeful.

Their 1st run was very solid with no touches and had them in 16th place (top 20 through to final) Although they had a few problems at gate 20, they were not alone.

2nd run was much faster than the first although the "Crash Dummies" decided that they would hit 7 gates on the way down, this resulted in their run tim being much the same as the 1st. Good enough to make it through to the semi in 17th place. Very exciting!!
This above their ranking so they are really happy with this.

The format for tomorrow is one run with the top 10 going through to the final.

Other Melbourne Canoe Club members who did well were, Leanne Guinea and Sarah Grant, who
pict0040pict0040pict0040

Leanne Guinea
both also qualified for the semis.

For those who are interested their is a live coverage through the website, they start racing at 10.00am, about 6.00pm your time.

We spend the day here tommorrow before heading off to Budapest in the early evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

pict0048pict0048
pict0048

Sarah Grant


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb