Bratislava...One day is enough!


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

pict0012pict0012pict0012

Hrad Castle
We arrived by train into Bratislva after 3 flights. It is probably fair to say that our first impression was not the best one. The train station was a dump to say the least!!!!

However things improved when we found our hotel. We are Staying at the Marrol which is very nice. They greeted us with a local beer while we were checking in! Very much appreciated. Our room is small but very nice with everything you could wish for, flat screen TV, even a free mini bar and the usual selection of home made "European Movies"

After checking in we decided we would go out and watch the boys train, and after some consultation with the helpful hotel staff it was decided that the bus to Cunovo was the best option. So we set of with some optimism that this was going to be easy! We got of the bus in Cunovo (where we thought the course was) only to find that we had a 5kms walk through deserted roads and by time we got there the boys had finished their training session.

Bratislava Kayak course is very scary with a giant last drop and and
pict0018pict0018pict0018

View of the Danube
even nastier wave at the bottom of it which managed to cause a couple of aussies (Sarah & Craig) a few very nervous moments.

Tim is still a little unwell and will probably make a trip to the doctors today. The other good news is that their boat arrived and according to Tim is probably the worst made boat they have ever seen.

After getting a much needed 10 hours sleep last night Glenn and I set out to have a look at Brat. The old city is very nice with the usual castle and beautiful church and some very nice buildings and alley ways. We had planned to do a Danube cruise this afternoon, however for some reason it took the restaurant we were having lunch in 40 minutes to make a sandwhich so we missed it. Could not beleive it took so long we were the only people there!!

Catching up with Tim for tea tonight which will be good

Race day tomorrow which will be a huge challenge for all the aussies. Will take some photos to give you an idea of how hard it is.

xxGlenn and Vicki

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0942s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb