Budapest-Bratislava-Prague


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava » Old Town
August 31st 2010
Published: September 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 15-Budapest to Prague
8/31/10-Tuesday

Want to know our weather? No you don’t. We had rain and cold today. You’ll see in the photos.

We wound down our cruise today. Last night we had a nice cruise around Budapest on the Danube. We would have been happy to have a few more days here but we are excited about the next stop, Prague.

The trip north was on a motor coach. There were about 35 people from the ship that were joining the final leg of our trip to Prague. The scenery was interesting but nothing unusual except for a large number of wind turbines.

On the way to Prague we made a stop in our sixth nation, Slovakia. We stopped in Bratislava, the capital city. It is a city of about 430,000 people on the Danube. It is only about 30 miles east of Vienna, Austria.

I don’t have much to report on this city, however. As I mentioned, we had rain and it was at its peak as we walked around. We hurried to a nice restaurant in the city center, ate and then ran back to the bus. I think it would be
BratislavaBratislavaBratislava

This is our guide in the center and Jackie under the umbrella on the right.
nice to return one day but for now I’ll just check off the bucket list another country and move on.

We arrived mid-afternoon to our hotel in Prague. The guide gave us a brief overview as we drove through town and once we checked into the hotel we met to discuss how to get around town, including a walk up to the Metro station next to the hotel. Jackie and I decided to take the subway into town right away.

We stopped at the Mustek station and found ourselves on the Wenceslas Square. It was still overcast so we decided to limit our sightseeing to this area. We found a nice pizza restaurant and had dinner then returned via Metro to the hotel.

Tomorrow we will visit the Old Town and maybe the Charles Bridge.

Stay around….



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

PraguePrague
Prague

Here is our hotel for the final five days.
PraguePrague
Prague

Our Metro stop.
MetroMetro
Metro

We rode the subway each day. This was our first ride but not the last. It seems easier than the one in Budapest.
PraguePrague
Prague

We found a nice pizza place and ate too much.


7th September 2010

Living vicariously!
What a fantatsic trip you guys had. Must say I am still haunted by the images of the shoe monument in Budapest. That's now on my bucket list! Its been great reading of your adventures every day and seeing the photos. You guys look so good - and yes, you do make a cute couple. But then you always have.
7th September 2010

prague
Hotel - interesting architecture. The metro looks awsome..

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb