Worst European Countries


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » West » Belgrade » Zemun
October 16th 2023
Published: October 16th 2023
Edit Blog Post

I generally do not like travel articles like this. Frenz Hub lists twelve European countries that are ranked bad to worst. I have visited a few. Frenz Hub: Despite the allure of Transylvania, Romania is plagued by poverty and corruption. It has much work to do to make it a more attractive destination. A Romanian politician, Traian Basescu emphasized, “There is no such thing as several Romanias, but only politicians who divide Romania depending on the interests of their parties and their clout.”
Granted, I was staying with great American friends, Dirty Pat and Mrs. Pat while visiting. They are quick to learn the local customs and rules, so it made my trip quite enjoyable. We dined at some of the best places, visited the famous Bran Castle (aka Dracula's Castle), and met some interesting local people. This is a country coming out of the huge shadow of the Communists and Ceausescu and moving slowly but surely into a more modern society with capitalism and tourism. I would go back!

Frenz Hub: Its troubled past and political controversies put Serbia at the bottom of this list. Its tourism industry is still finding its feet, and it’s far from the more popular European destinations. Remember, every country has its charms and drawbacks. This list isn’t to discourage you, but to remind you that not every European adventure is a fairy tale. Stay informed and make your own choices!




I found Belgrade to be quite interesting, filled with great history, and rather "different" people. Many, who are Russian expats said they did not like Americans when they lived in Russia. On my visit, they seemed quite thrilled that we want to visit and learn about their colorful history. The famous Hotel Moskva was my home for two nights, a grand hotel in the old European tradition, with excellent food and service. Belgrade has preserved much of its history, along with famous sites like the Tesla Museum, and Four Hats restaurant. Two of the best athletes in the world are Serbs, Djokovic and Jokic. I would go back!




Other countries listed are Bulgaria (I hear Sofia is an interesting city), San Marino, Macedonia (quite corrupt), Albania (beautiful beaches), Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Belarus, and Moldova (least happy country in Europe). I would add to this list Ukraine, now that it has been ravaged by war, Russia, and Cyprus.




You decide!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 32; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb