Cold War


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The cold war is a time of great conflict with the Soviets as the great superpowers test each other's force. It seemed, however, that after World War II, the Soviets began enforcing communism and spreading it to nearby countries, such as Turkey, Greece, and other nearby countries. President Harry Truman strongly disapproved this idea and agreed to help the countries being invaded.

Nevertheless, the way wars have been fought have become more dangerous after the creation of the nuclear bombs, and, therefore, the U.S. was in a server threat into becoming attacked. This threat was frightening - especially since the Soviets had their missiles located in Cuba and pointing at the United States.

However, although wars generally bring a grim tone, the Cold War really pushed the United States and The Soviet Union to intensely compete in armor, weapons, technology, and space exploration. Through the war, the United States was able to land their first man on the moon. Additionally, when the war was over, the Unites States was able to afford the best tanks, aircrafts, and other military technologies in the world. Through the grim-ful massacres that happened in many wars, the Cold War was truly one of the most positively influential to the modern era. All in all, mankind generates conflicts, but can create ground breaking achievements on the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb