Ten Countries with the Worst Food


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Lake Baikal
October 9th 2023
Published: October 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Savoteur says these are the worst cuisines in the world. I have not been to all of them, but I will comment on the ones that I have endured. Iceland-the worst, boring, bland and five times more expensive than it should be. Try the fermented shark! England-I have never had a good meal in England, except for Indian food and the fabulous fish and chips at Wimbledon. Steak and kidney pie are for suckers! Australia-If you stick to Chinatown or seafood, I think it is more than passable. If you want wild game, this is the place. You can have the Vegemite! But the Aussies make up for it with their beer drinking! Mongolia-My friends on the Trans-Siberian Railway said the food was worse than Russia. The absolute worst was fermented horse milk. Kazakhstan-More fermented horse milk, boiled meat with no spices. Uzbek is much better, actually quite tasty meat pies. The Netherlands-Fried food with mayo is their stable. Everyone goes for rijsttafel (Indonesian) or fresh seafood. But I love the Dutch people, friendly, good drinkers, party animals! Russia-In fairness, I spent over two weeks on the Trans-Siberian Railway, where smoked fish and boiled potatoes are the only rival to cup of noodles. But Moscow and St. Petersburg were not much better, unless you can find a sushi bar, or Asian restaurant. And the vodka is petrol quality in most places! The Philippines-I actually like Filipino food, at places like Goldilocks (a Filipino chain), and my newfound fav, Phill House in Fresno, with a nice cafeteria style cafe. My favorites are adobo, of course, and poncit. Norway-Our friend Ingrid would be appalled. Her Norwegian meatballs are excellent. But you can have the rest! As far as the canned fish, it best be utilized as chum or hog feed. Cuba-Cafe Versailles in Miami is both tasty and interesting. And the Cubans love the drink and dance. A great combination! Which countries should be on the honor roll: Costa Rica, Nepal, Texas, Belgium, Scotland, Ireland, Poland, Colombia, Ecuador, and Serbia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.067s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb