krasnoyarsk...!


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Krasnoyarsk
April 10th 2007
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post


am in a random town at the moment in the middle (literally) of russia.... quite amusing as have jus been let loose off the train today - have been on it for the last x2 nights - slightly longer train journeys here than the usual west norwood to victoria!! quite refreshing to be off!! it's been like a constant 20degrees on the train!! ergh!! we're only here for one night - staying on a BOAT - random!! it's all moored up and everything - but fun huh? it's cheap and cheerful... we've got an amazing view across the river from our cabin (making our way through every type of travel) - quite stunning!! looks like we're in canada or something, as there are mountains surrounding the town!! so much for the cold / snowy weather too... am walking around in a t-shirt today!! i'm not complaining... the sun's out - beautiful!!

our train ride was quite amusing... had a bit of a bad start as the train we were catching went through a process of attaching extra carriages... our carriage being the one not yet attached.. so this caused much confusion - it's quite scary though because you know that no one's going to wait for you... we were offered help from the travellers on the vodka train (name of a tour group!!) oh man... will jus say it was interesting creating a scene on the platform - they were drunk and way overly excited to discover we were english too!! oh dear...

we met our first fellow uk travellers... quite a funny that we all got put in the same carriage... obviously keeping us separate!!

next stop is a place called irkutsk... which is near lake baikal - the world's largest fresh water lake... looking forward to that stop!!

write soon - hope all's well at home... xxx





Advertisement



12th April 2007

drip dry undies
hey guys!!! sound like your having a fantastic time! can't wait to see all the pics! take care and looking forward to the next blog entry. ted xxx
14th April 2007

"sain bainu"
good to hear from you both, knowing your safe and enjoying yourselves, well only one more day in russia, it's gone by so quickly, it seems only the other day you were leaving the uk. the lake sounded beautiful, must have been strange being in tee shirts and walking on a frozen lake,hope you've taken loads of photos. the fish you had sounded yummy, omul? keep in touch, load of love mum dad and chris xxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb