Modern History...


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
March 13th 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I've never heard of the Mayakovsky Museum until today. Apparently, it is somewhat famous in Russia. Who would have known that after a breakfast of Frosted Flakes and orange juice, I would be dragged into a museum, fascinated by the history from which it was created?
Vladimir Mayakovsky was the most famous Russian Futurist poet of his time. He first began being recognized for his poems, while still supporting the Bolshevik party and attending Moscow School for Painting and Sculpture in the early 20th century, around his early twenties. All in all, his life was an accomplished one, and even now no one knows the exact reasons behnd his tragically played-out suicide.
It is several years from the sorrow of 1930, but still the Russians honor Mayakovsky through a quirky infusion of flashy colors, unconventional (of his time) sculptures inspired by his genius, and various bits of poetry alongside vivid photographs of the man once known to Russia as a literary hero.
I fell in love with his story, and it made my last night in Moscow even more special!


Breakfast: $2

Museum Entry: $3

Envying about a suicidal hero: Priceless.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb