To Mashrab and sandwiches.


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Centre » Yaroslavl
November 30th 2005
Published: January 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Chris W, Dawn, Sara, Precious, Sarah and Bhavina.Chris W, Dawn, Sara, Precious, Sarah and Bhavina.Chris W, Dawn, Sara, Precious, Sarah and Bhavina.

Chris with the soon-to-be leavers.
Minus 3 this morning.

My guess of minus 2 was closer than Chiara's so I'm 2-1 up with two games to play. Moving neighbourhoods hasn't done me many favours, but it's good to have someone to walk to Yartek with. Now I'm almost awake by the time we get to school!

School was uneventful. Lena taught us grammar in the morning (which is getting harder every lesson) then we talked about cats with Olga.

The girls and Jamie have come back from Moscow to pack and to say goodbye to their hozyaikas, so in the evening we went to the Traktir restaurant on ulitsa Svobody for a last Yaroslavl meal together. All the Yartek students plus Katya, Laura and Louise, Tom the lawyer and Michael from Oxford sat around a table for 20 and ate a traditional Russian dinner. Everyone was in at least four conversations at once and we all had a lot to say. Dawn, Chris W and Precious spoke to Katya in Russian and she chatted to them a little bit in English. At the end we filled our wine glasses and each person made a toast, either to the best memories of the last three months or to things we miss about England.

We decided to go to Joy Party afterwards. I was exhausted and ready to go home but Katya talked me into going. It was a good night. No-one was too drunk, and the dancefloor was empty enough to dance, or in my case shuffle, in comfort to the 90's disco. The bar ran out of change so instead of receiving 10 rouble notes we were given chocolates!

I walked home with Katya only slightly tipsy and in a good mood.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb