Fortress, Castles and Dracula!


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Brasov » Brasov
July 17th 2007
Published: July 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, last night, I went drinking......-__-" This local girl brought us to this local bar....pretty good...!
hey! didnt mix drinks, pretty self controlled.....but....
maybe I didnt have enough dinner, my stomache got sick in the night...
didnt throw up or anything, just didn't feel good.
It was all fine this morning and I headed out to the Bran, Rinsov and Sinaia tour.

Went to Sinaia first.....this time got inside and WOW...its beautiful there!...learned a little more about Romanian history...They only had 4 kings! and they were all within the last 200 years!!!

Then, headed off to Bran Castle..that famous Dracula one..SO DISAPPOINTING....
Small, new-looking, and boring. Nothing about dracula. Our guide told us the real story of the count.....nothing about the novel really..HAAAA....but it was interesting to know how he was worshipped within Romania coz he was the guy who drove the Turks away in history.

Last, went to the Rinsov Fortress.....pretty nice! see how peasants actually lived at that time..
The view from the top was beautiful as well..=)

The day was long and hot......all tired and got back to the hostel.

just missed the organ concert..><" oh well...=P

Making dinner tonight with these guys from the tour....coz we had an expensive lunch today...haaaaa...

Tomorrow off the Sighisoara.....said to be one of the most beautiful towns in Transylvania...let's see......^^


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb