The Dust-hole!


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Muntenia » Bucharest
July 16th 2007
Published: July 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The night train was....HOT....with MOSQUITOs!!!!!!
Did manage to get some sleep though...^^"
I forgot Romania was an hour ahead!!!! so I lost an hour sleep!!! and almost didn't have enough time to get off the train!! ><" Got off and went straight to the hostel..and it was NOT OPENED..
sat outside for an hour or so before I manage to get in....-___-"

Anyways, Bucharest.........VERY BIG BOOOOMING CITY.....
There are constructions EVERYWHERE and dust flying all over the place!!!!!
You can really feel the communism style here.....
The city people are really....cold...the city is very...cold. Like, it feels soooooo Grey! and well, I also came on a Sunday, so many things were closed.
I did manage to see people around the shopping areas and stuff.....but still...with the lively people....its still ....COLD.
The HUGE parliament building was very grand and outstanding though...the sightseeing places were alright...they all look like...blocks...but many of the churches have this silver roof that looks pretty cool!=)
I must say I was surprised how religious Romanians are!! a church every block, and coz it was Sunday..I got to have a glace at the masses and WAH...after the mass...people walk around the church and just pray and kiss at all the surrounding alters!.......

Anyways, hot and all, I went back to the hostel and luckily found some food..(many restaurants were closed as well!!!! and the touristy ones are far....) and then spent the night sleeping with Mosquitos AGAIN.....got a few bites...>__<"

This morning went off the Brasov...on the way stopped by Sinaia, where there is this Peles Palace..and WOW..its not grand or anything..but has this very...country style to it..very classy....I LIKE IT!!!! haaaaa..
Its Monday and its CLOSED!! ahhhhh..couldnt go inside...=(
Walked around to the Monastary and into town.....then off to Brasov...
This hostel here! Walked around town...it feels like Levoca.....but better and nicer looking...
The Black Church here has Organ concerts which its famous for! but....not today again....

So far...I find Romanians...very..'coool'....and so many gypsies around!! They just walk up to you asking for money....and they like to gather at church entrances.....arrrrgghhhh.....

I am heading North soon though.....hopefully, away from the tourist cities and the capital will show me another side of Romania...^^"


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.1243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb