Portugal El Camino - 2016


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal
September 7th 2016
Published: September 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 – September 2, 2016 - Alvaiazere, Portugal to Ansiao, Portugal - 10.02 Miles

As today is going to be another hot day, we decided we would try to be ready to leave the hotel no later than 8 am even though today’s mileage is considerably shorter than previous days. Just a little before 8 am we are on the Camino trail which has us walking once again on an asphalt road with an uphill climb taking us out of town.

We walk past several nice homes which at one of them I spotted a gentleman washing his clothes in what I would call an oversized horse watering trough. He spoked very good English and I found out he was originally from England. As we continued on we passed by a lady working very hard stacking wood for the winter.

Further down the road, I just happened to turn around and coming up behind us was Ayako and the lady from Italy she has been walking with for the past few days. Of course it was not long before they left us in the dust!

While trying to walk pass this nice home, we had the privilege of two small dogs running out to the road ahead of us barking like crazy. We continued to walk at a very slow pace as not sure what the dogs would do as they continued to bark and growl at us. Pretty soon a young lady from the home came out and called the dogs to come to her so we could pass.

The trail now twists and turns as we continue climbing uphill. We finally reach Venda which is the high point for the day. We make a turn off the asphalt road onto an earthen track passing by what looks like some type of cave in the wall, a couple of cats resting on top of a wall and a shrine.

We now pass through several hamlets alternating between asphalt, earthen tracks, cobblestone lane-ways and woodland paths. As we passed by one home we see five cats in the middle of the road eating on something. As we approached the cats of course scattered and we were able to see a bunch of sardines laying on the ground. I was able to stand there long enough for at least one of the cats to come back and start eating on a sardine.

The trail now takes us back to a gravel path where we walk down to an asphalt road to a roundabout where we turn and make our way to our hotel for the night arriving before it got too hot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



8th September 2016

HOT in Kentucky as well. I am off to Fargo this morning to have a weekend of football fun. My Sisters Grandson is a wide receiver for Eastern Washington. They are playing the Bisons. Your walks sound long for this old gal Enjoy the journey

Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb