Day 10: More Porto please!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
July 28th 2022
Published: July 29th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Porto is bitter sweet. We love our apartment and the ladies that run it have been super nice and helpful. We have alot of fun chatting and laughing with them. We don't want to leave but we've covered the city. Today's plan is to see a few things we missed. We walked down to the Crystal palace, which was a few minutes from our place, and toured the grounds. It was really nicely done and had some good views of the city. More exercising at the outdoor gym fur the kids, they love trying out all the machines. We then went to the nearby mall and did some shopping, and picked up a few groceries for the road tomorrow. Everyone seemed to need to get off their feet so we went back to the apartment for an afternoon nap, made some supper (Anne made a really good seafood paella and tried bought gazpacho soup (that noone enjoyed!) and Camille got dressed up to see the port at night. We walked through the old city stopping at a Miradour along the way and soaked in the lights of Gaia and Porto. We finished our first bottle of Port and opened our rosé port that we bought at the Callem cellar, Anne’s new fave. Tomorrow we are headed south down to Serpins, near Coimbra. The kids are really looking forward to this one as it has a shared pool. It will be nice to do some swimming (and hopefully some laundry!)

Here is a link of the awesome air bnb we've stayed in for the last 5 days. Three houses and three bedrooms The manager


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb