Go Big or Stay Home


Advertisement
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
October 16th 2021
Published: November 16th 2021
Edit Blog Post

In my everyday life, I tend to live fairly simply. I work a great deal and when it comes to decisions of spending money on coffee, fancy clothes or extravagant dinners, I usually opt to pass. That money is then put in my “Vacation Fund” bank account (yes, it is named this on my bank’s website) so when it comes time to travel, I am fully funded and ready to go. Although I usually don’t buy ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




16th November 2021

Chef Brendan looking sharp
Chef.... you were looking extremely good!.... actually you were the sharpest dressed person on the trip. The soups the entire trip were amazing. They provided us with many memories. The crew was top notch and made the trip all it was.
16th November 2021

Looking Sharp
Thank you. It was nice to dress up and enjoy life on the other side of what I do for a living. This was a most excellent trip, and I am glad you were there with me.
16th November 2021

Going big is the only way to go
What a time we had! The glitz, you in a suit...man, we had it going! - The Dangerous One
16th November 2021

We Definitely Had it Going
I think we need a Theme Song for the Masked Bandits. We truly had it going on, and rocked it like there was no tomorrow. Glad you were there rocking it with me.
20th November 2021

M.S. Andorinha
Looks like a superb vessel Brendan. Magnificent profile. Only 41 passengers instead of 84. You must have had plenty of elbow room...no fighting to get to the front of the cuisine queue! We always stand back so no problem for us also!
24th November 2021

Very Superb
This was a cruise that won't be replicated. The new ship, small passenger count were a huge part of it. Of course my travel companions made it special as well.
24th November 2021

Going Big
I agree 100%! Living simply to go BIG on travels is one lifestyle I subscribe to. No fancy jewellery or branded fashion items for moí. But yes to the occasional dining adventures. Anything for food hahaha. Don't we know our priorities? Swell ?
24th November 2021

I agree
For those of us who make travel a priority, it is a good way of life. But yes, I do agree with anything for food. Can't always put things away for tomorrow when food is involved.
31st December 2021

River Cruise
Wow, this looks amazing! I would've been excited too, like my first day of school also. I'm very similar in my money - I have a separate bank account called "Travels Account", and haven't bought any new clothes or Starbucks coffee for ages. Then when the trip comes, one splashes out - yay! Great that the single supplement was waived for you, I'm not a big fan of that either! What a great start to your river cruise ?
4th January 2022

Travels Account!!
Yes, you so understand what I mean about travel being a priority. I am very glad you enjoyed this blog. I am going to hop over and read your latest blogs in a few minutes.
14th May 2022
Pasteis de Nata

OH. MY. GOODNESS!
Brenno! What a beautiful look feast. We go with the Chef's Menu whenever we can, and are seldom disappointed. I've never been interested in cruising; but a small river boat cruise like this may tempt me one day - especially if the food is guaranteed to be this good :)

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb