My favorite in Portugal... Obidos...


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Óbidos
August 19th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Obidos was probably my favorite town in the Lisbon region. In the old town the walls are covered with pictures from stories which were once hailed as the traditional bridal gift of Portuguese Kings. Its about 100k north of Lisbon so it did take us 2 hours to get there.

Once we got to Obidos me dad and Liz decided to get some meringue and strawberries. Yum! We walked along beautiful cobbled streets lined with whitewashed houses sporting terracotta roofs. The shops had all there local handicrafts. Another thing we all noticed was the beautiful flowers growing everywhere including morning glories, bougainvillea and geraniums. We decided to climb up to walk along the ramparts. In the distance we could see windmills, vineyards and the surrounding farmlands which included horses. Liz felt her brethren and the closeness of their presence.

For the lunch we stopped at a Portuguese restaurant with 3 Michelin stars. Me and Liz weren’t that hungry so we got a chicken salad and some prawns for an entrée. Dad got a delicious octopus dish.
The bread and the garlic butter was really nice in this place and it was sort of hidden down and away from the main street. After lunch we had an ice cream and met two African American girls studying in Belgium who knew how to speak French well. We ended up catching the bus back together and they helped us to find the right metro to catch to the centre of Lisboa.
(13 April 2009)


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



17th August 2009

thanks
hey Dasha, thanks for showing all this, I just feel im in this place already, thats awesome, lol;;))and all you sending to me i really appreciated. Jerry
21st August 2009

Welcome to the Silver Coast
Very nice pictures and comments - I am happy that you enjoyed Obidos and the Silver Coast of Portugal. A lot of useful informations - not only concerning property purchase here: www.silver-coast-properties.net

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb