Goodbye Lisboa


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
August 20th 2009
Published: August 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We came back from Obidos and went to the city centre of Lisbon. This time we headed to the district of Belem with its beautiful museum of National Archeology. Belem is most well known for its pastries of Belem, delicious flaky custard tartlets that have been served for over a century. We got it from the most well known café of Antiga Confeitaria de Belem. It’s a nice area with parks to walk around in.

As the sun began to set we headed for dinner in a Portuguese restaurant and I had some grilled seafood skewers yummy. We caught one of the later trams back to our hotel and walked along the winding streets of Lisbon each dwelling on his or her experience of the city. It had been a nice Easter trip with our ups and downs but it had sure gone quickly and I don’t know about the others but I had had a lot of fun.
Last highlight of the day: spotting dad coming out of McDonalds.

The next day was an early taxi to the airport. Back to work for me and time for Liz to explore the wonderful world that is Amsterdam.
(14 April 2009)


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.553s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb