A Castelo hike... watch your step...


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Palmela
April 19th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

April 12, 2009 saw me and dad and Liz, crawl out of bed leave the house, go to the tourist office, see our favorite cafe closed that we have continued to have breakfast at each morning without fail and eventually get the metro then bus to Palmela.

Dad’s favorite part of the day was that we got to a really delicious restaurant and that it was open despite Easter. His next favorite part was that I decided to make an executive decision and not take the second bus to Sesimba and try to pack more in our day. He was grateful for the fact that we made it to the Castle in a shorter time, despite having to take the steeper hill. He thoroughly enjoyed singing a duet of queen with Liz the love of my life. He was ecstatic about the lard and roasted pork oh and don’t forget the farm cheese that we ate at the restaurant. He was particularly happy we made it to the restaurant before the restaurant got packed - which it sure did. Oh and we got yummy delicious bread straight from the oven. He was happy that I snuck away the roasted pork and dried bread that we didn’t eat. I nearly slipped on the ground on the way away from the castle. He enjoyed the beautiful views from the castle. He was happy there was no rain and this was because Dasha brought her umbrella that she had to carry around all day. He was happy that we got some ice cream - vanilla. He got some more and got passion fruit and mango as well as a second scope of vanilla and realised that he had been greedy and had been poorly influenced by me because I said why would you be boring and get one flavor of ice cream?
He liked the 14km of bridge that we drove over to Palmela. And the same one we drove back on - that me and Liz slept through on the way back.

He was happy that yesterday we went to the bakery and got some sweet bread with egg baked into it that me and Liz ate most of in the morning that he got the scraps of from when we were waiting at the bus (originally for Sesimba, but got on the bus to Palmela instead). Most of all he liked the rolly pup that we got to pat on the way to the metro.

Krunch was in love with the go kart racing that we did. For half an hour her life became meaningful.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb