Wandering in Lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
July 4th 2006
Published: July 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a nice relaxing day wandering the streets of Lisbon. The only thing we had to get done today was make train reservations for an overnite to Madrid. On our way, we stopped at a cathedral that is dated from the 4 or 5th century. We also ended up in Sao Michael Castle at the top of the hill. It offered 365 degree views of Lisbon and the ocean around it. Reesa, even made a new friend. Some guy who spoke no english tried to help us with directions, but we couldnt understand him. Then he went on to ask Reesa for her phone number. She just said she didnt have one and we all walked away. How are you supposed to have a conversation with someone over the phone if you cant even understand them in person? Anyways, it was a pleasant day and we got to the train station eventually. However we had a bit of a surpise upon arriving back at the hostel. It seemed that all of our stuff was just a bit out of place, which on its own was quite concerning. However, that was not the worst of it...(Unfortunate Event #7) - our roomate informed us that they had discovered BEDBUGS! The reason everything was moved was because the staff had fumigated the room. One of the South Africans that we had met the night before was covered in bites. Im sure that would´ve been a good time for us to check out, but it was late and we really didnt feel like packing up and finding another place. So, we just went to bed instead.

Amie

Advertisement



22nd July 2006

ahhhh...... bed bugs
WOW!!! That is totally gross. The whole time I was reading that I was thinking 'No, dont steal their stuff'. However, I am not sure which one is better stuff getting stolen or bed bugs.... what a toss up. Part of me thinks you are just not meant to meet up with your friends on vacation (remember Jen in Cinque Terre) Cheers, Cathy
23rd July 2006

I'm with Cathy, I was thinking, nooo, I hope nothing got stolen! I'm really hoping I'm not about to read unfortunate event #8!!!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb