Lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
March 16th 2007
Published: March 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mukluk in the Lap of LuxuryMukluk in the Lap of LuxuryMukluk in the Lap of Luxury

Mukluk enjoys business class, oh yes he does! Champagne, appetizers, duck a l'orange, movies at his pawtips, massaging and fully reclining seats...what else could a bear ask for?
After an enjoyable flight with Lufthansa in Business Class, we arrived in Lisbon and headed out for a stroll in the Baixa District of Lisbon. Navigating the twisted streets in the dark and climbing the steep hilltop in the Barrio Alto, we discovered a quaint restaurant by the name of Bizzaro. We enjoyed our first Portugese dinner and headed back down to our hotel where we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit our pillows.

Our first day in Lisbon included a tour of the historic Alfama District where we visited the Castelo de Sao Jorge and the Se de Lisbon (Cathedral ) and then we hopped on a tram to Belem and visited the spectacular Mosteiro dos Jeronimos and Torre de Belem and the monument in honour of the PortugeseĀ“s Age of Discovery, Padrao dos Descobrimentos!

We enjoyed the famous Pasteis de Belem, a warm flaky pastry filled with custard and sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar, at the Antiga Confeitaria de Belem! We headed back to the Baixa to enjoy roasted chicken at Bonjardim, a wonderful end to a busy first day in Lisbon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Delicious Pasteis de Belem!Delicious Pasteis de Belem!
Delicious Pasteis de Belem!

Mmmm! Pasteis de Belem: so delicious, so flaky...so caloric that Mom and Dad make me walk everywhere!


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb