A short visit in Ericeira


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Ericeira
March 12th 2006
Published: March 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The edge of PortugalThe edge of PortugalThe edge of Portugal

A very dramatic coastline!
From Sintra we drove out to the Atlantic Ocean and the fishermans village Ericeira! We believe Ericeira is a popular sunday-trip-destination, and since the weather was extremly good there was a lot of people on the way in and out of Ericeira. The drive out there was very nice, through small sleepy villages, up and down hills and valleys. The roads in Portugal are in good condition, and it is very easy to find the way.

We arrived approx. at 6 p.m, just in time to take a walk around the village and have a look at the boats before the sun set. The boats in Ericeira was small and colorful. When the fishermen come back from the days fishingtrip, they drag their boats on land. The boats were made to handle that,they had pieces of metal covering the wood underneath the boat.

The main street and the praça was quite touristy and packed with people. From the street and down to the beach it was very steep! A lot of people were gathered on the edge to watch the sunset. It was very beautiful!

Here too, there was a lot of kitties looking for love! Straycats and
Strange LEGO-boatsStrange LEGO-boatsStrange LEGO-boats

Very colorful boats in Ericeira! At the end of the day the fishermen drag their boats on land.
straydogs down by the boats, maybe they are waiting for fish? They were very tame, so they must have homes(?)...so I hope.
On our way back to the car, we ran into a cat-colony. The cats were sick, their eyes were inflamed and they were skinny. I had to stop an talk to them, and comfort them a bit.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Cats of EriceiraCats of Ericeira
Cats of Ericeira

A few cats here too, that needed cuddling.
Sleepy cats of EriceiraSleepy cats of Ericeira
Sleepy cats of Ericeira

After cuddling, they fell asleep.
Siri in profileSiri in profile
Siri in profile

Håvards experimental photo-project.


7th April 2006

It's Beautiful
I'm portuguese, and I live in Lisbon, but my dream is moving to Ericeira. Someday I'll achieve that goal. It's nice to know that you liked it :) Return anytime and visit the north of Portugal, that's beautiful and very green. Look for information abou Gerês and Vila Nova de Cerveira.
17th August 2006

Hi I'm from barcelona and i spend my summer hollidays at ericeira. i'd like to live there too, Patricia.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb