ten toes in lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
January 21st 2015
Published: January 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi.
9.20PM and here in the television come reception area. Four people are booking in and I have three people in my room. Only one other last night.
Tuesday was able to chat to Mum for a while so that was good to catch up on all the news and that she has been busy with family around ....
Breakfast and 9.30 am Mass .. some one of important must of been about because the horses with riders were about.. they seemed to be escorting someone from the monastery to the palace via the main road.... was good to see...more by luck. Then on the bus into town.. then on a tram,, then on the underground then two more buses and finally two trams so took full advantage of the 6 Euro 24 hour use..
Was able to see places that I would not of been otherwise able to see.
Not sure the population of Lisbon but it goes Gordon miles..Three of the bus rides when about half an hour in different directions which was more good luck than good management.,,..
Like all places graffiti is alive and well... got to see the areas around sporting lisboa and benfica .. both soccer club here in Lisbon...
then last night Liz got through to me as well so had a long chat to her...
Then today breakfast then on the bus into town and another up to the Pombal statue before 10.15 am as my pass run out about 10.30am... so was able to enjoy that part of town..... The nice part of town with the shops to tell.. goochi, cartel . Plus others so enjoyed the walk back.... breezy and fine most of the time... then back for 7PM Mass.
Then to the supermarket for some meat and asparagus soup, as not sure the word for sauce is but the word for soup is sopa..... picture of asparagus also helped..
Booked accommodation for Fatima on Monday night so will have the weekend here after all....
Until tomorrow
Love Anne.
PS most days heading along the waterfront pass a padel courts... a game that combines tennis, the court size, squash .... you can use the back board, rackets double the size of table tennis and they serve like badminton .. so watch that dome times when I SM going past.
Anne


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb