ten toes in lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
January 16th 2015
Published: January 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
Friday 16 January time 8.37PM and at the door of my room as internet does not work in my room and the television room is a bit on the noisy side at present..
Breakfast then off to 9.30am Mass....the usual tall Nigerian Priest was not saying Mass but a shorter Portugal priest instead.. one thing I have noticed is that the Masses in Portugal you do not make the sign of peace like we did in Spain.....also here you can kneel to receive communion..... I thought they were two for a wedding...but no.... someone holds a altar tray under your chin... or you can do the normal way which I do...
Damp, cold windy so wrapped up well and headed to the town centre a different way..... along the road.... passed the coach museum.... did not go in but could see from the outside that it was the fancy coaches pulled by horses ... then into a church which is under the main bridge... small but very nice...Then another pink palace with a garden which I walked about.. then passed the Basicillca.. closed for a funeral I think.. so had a coffee in a park near by....then down the hill was the Parliament building with guards on duty..very impressive from the outside.... then down to the rivers edge and headed home..
Had all seasons in one day with sunshine, rain , wind, but a enjoyable day with retail therapy added in as well..home for tea and a book......also to find out that there has been flooding at Moonshine grove .... so that means an insurance claim, so needing to sort that out.
Until tomorrow
Love Anne


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb