Cooking Lisbon: A Fun Day of School


Advertisement
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
October 14th 2021
Published: October 26th 2021
Edit Blog Post

After the amazing culinary extravagance of the previous evening, it was time to get down to some serious business. Shortly after booking this trip, we all agreed to that we wanted to do a cooking class. Dave, Merry Jo and I had taken a class in Jordan and loved it. Not to beat the proverbial dead horse, but as a chef, I sometimes need to remember why I do what I do. Spending a day cooking for fun ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




26th October 2021

Great to see you back out there doing something (else) you love. Enjoy the rest of your time, and I will enjoy reading your posts. (PS: I was in Madrid and Northern Spain for most of September.).
27th October 2021

Great to hear from you
Thank you so much Jackie. I am glad you are following along on this. I'm sure you had a great time on your trip. That sounds amazing. Lots of good food there too.
27th October 2021

Cooking class
This looks fun and even more fun to be doing it with the Binkleys. Interesting about the Octopus having to be frozen and defrosted before cooking. When in China, I often saw Octopus being sold raw on the market stalls.
27th October 2021

It was a great time
Yes, the Binkleys are a fun couple to travel with. We had a lot of fun, and are already talking potential places for the next journey. I hadn't worked with octopus before, so am not sure on that. Will have to do some more research now that I am home. Thanks for the comment and for following along.
29th October 2021

Octopus
My daughter-in-law is from Galicia region of Spain where the seafood is amazing , and I loved trying octopus there... must ask her about cooking it ! Your cooking class looks amazing , you’re all keeping very busy.
29th October 2021

It really was amazing
The class really was amazing. I so enjoy classes like that. Octopus isn't something I have worked with, so it was fun to try something new. If you find anything out from your daughter-in-law, shoot me a message.
30th October 2021

The Chef rides again!
Great food, great learning and great fun! Once again, you've chosen well! - The Dangerous One
2nd November 2021

Thanks Mr. Dangerous
With a classmate named the Dangerous One, I had to choose carefully. I was very happy with this class.
30th October 2021

Cooking Lisbon
You selected the best class and we loved it! I do love my clams and are glad they entrusted me with them. You rocked the apples! .... and the blender. Where shall we cook next?
2nd November 2021

Rocked it
I think we all rocked it. Hmm, I wonder what classes are near the Galapagos Islands.....
14th November 2021

Cooking
I've never done a cooking class while travelling, it sounds a worthwhile experience, particularly if one would like to try dishes encountered while travelling, when home again. I imagine as a chef and a traveller too, this is right up your street, and I imagine those golfers back in Seattle will very much appreciate your experience! ?
14th November 2021

They are great fun
I would encourage you to think about a class on your next trip. There are usually fun travelers to meet, and it is a great way to learn more about the foods of a new country along with a one on one chat with a local. Yes, I think the golfers are going to be very happy.

Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 42; qc: 164; dbt: 0.1813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.6mb