North to Coimbra.


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Central » Coimbra
October 11th 2005
Published: October 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

CondeixaCondeixaCondeixa

The street from the pousada to town. The gentleman at the desk said the town was so small, there was no way we could get lost.
We really aren't getting much time at each stop and the rain has put a literal damper on the exploring by foot. But, we are on our way to Coimbra in the north to stay at the Pousada in Condeixa de Nova.

Road maps can be a great tool, but a comparision of the Hertz map and the Michelin map leads us to a gap in the road. Fall back and regroup over lunch before getting on the main north-south highway.

Once we get to the off-ramp for Condeixa, things get interesting - this is where that habit of dropping part of the name from the road signs takes effect and after a hour stuck in traffic from a fender-bender on a two-lane road and a failure to connect a sign to Condeixa with the pousada in Condeixa Nova, we make a call from an ice cream break taberna and manage to find our way to the beautiful patio for a sunset cocktail. The rain has let-up and the sky is gorgeous.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

CondeixaCondeixa
Condeixa

Maybe he meant the streets were so small (narrow) there was no where to get lost.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb