It’s not a holiday without horses


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve
June 27th 2023
Published: June 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Over two days, I’d say maybe 55 hours it’s been since my last tart. That’s just marginally shorter than our flight over here, and honestly, I’m not dealing. At least I’ve not been spewed on through this ordeal. Lucky I have lots of wholesome outdoor activity to numb the pain.

Managed to stretch the doze til about 7 this morning so definitely on the improve. Lazy wait for fresh bread to complete our breakfast basket, but I would have happily eaten the cake three times, but the bread was good. Suited up for our horse adventure which included fetching the horses from the paddocks, grooming them and cleaning their feet, which was fun and something we’d never done before.

Not too long til we were in the saddles and headed towards the cliffs. We were mostly led for this ride as the woman in charge was obviously a bit nervous and some of the horses were relatively new to taking guests. It wasn’t the most exciting from a riding perspective but the scenery was absolutely stunning, sheer cliffs looking down on crashing waves and surrounded by yellow and orange sands. We were pleased there was a bit of a haze this morning as it took the sting out of the sun.

Some lunch and a rest before we decided to brave the hair-raising climb down to the beach we’d been admiring and brave the crashing waves. Our first swim in the Atlantic Ocean proved refreshing! Lots of fun frolicking in the waves and enjoying the sun before hauling ourselves back up the cliff. Some wine, some bbqed kebabs and some more time in the hammocks overlooking the horses (and foal)…what’s not to like?!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb