Traveling Around: Łancut and Zamość


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
July 5th 2017
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Early this morning we hopped into the car and began driving to Łancut. After about an hour and a half drive we made it. There was a lot of construction, where workers were widening the roads, and all the native drivers had no patience.

We took a tour of the Łancut Castle and stables, which is a historic aristocratic resident and complex. We visited the castle, the orangery, the orchid house, stables, and coach-house. In total, we spent about 3 hours walking around. After, we jumped back in the car and began driving to Zamość. On the way, we decided to go to the Poland-Ukraine border because we were close. Sadly, we were not able to cross the border because of stand-still traffic leading to the border checkpoint.

We turned around and headed back and settled in our hotel, Mercure Hotel, that overlooks the square in Zamość. For lunch, we stopped at the gas station and got some chips to snack on, so by the time we arrived to Zamość, we were starving! We walked around the square and found a restaurant. The waiter did not speak any english, so it was very difficult communicating with her. I ordered pierogies stuffed with potatoes, which was delicious!

Today has been a very long day traveling, so we are ready for bed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.393s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb