Return


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
September 1st 2008
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.2449, 21.0119

We left Minsk to travel to Warsaw. This was an exremely long day on the bus, leaving Minsk at 7-30am and arriving in Warsaw at 6pm (and gaining an hour along the way). the most exciting thing to happen was crossoing the border from Belarus to Poland. This took about 2 hours in all but we were told that we were lucky as at times it takes nearly 4!!. The trip was so unexciting that Maja put on the DVD of the 1950s version of War and Peace!!I don't know which was less exciting!!
That night in Warsaw we had a great farewll dinner in pour hotel, The Sheraton. this was our last chance to say goodbye to our travelling companions of the last 2 weeks. We had joined up with three other Australian couples and had shared a drink or three and dinners with them. the Irish mob had also been a great lot of fun.
The next day we faced another long travelling day. We caught a train from Warsaw Central to travel to Budapest. The first three hours to Krakow went quickly and when we looked at the map we could not understand why 6 more hours were needed to get to Budapest. We soon found out. The train stopped at nearly every station and took a meandering path across Poland before passing into Slovakia and then Hungary. I was not feeling well having woken with a case of the runs. Fortunately there was hardly anyone on board so we had a carriage to ourselves, so I could lie down and sleep for some of it.
Eventually got into Keleti station at 9-30pm. Fortunately our hotel was just across the road so we could walk there. After checking in and getting some cash Fletcher had a Pizza, but I couldn't face food so bed beckoned!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.444s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb