Krakow - December 2008


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
January 29th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So after we boarded our overnight train we settled into our sleeper cabin - which consisted of 3 bunk beds. We had our fingers crossed that we wouldn't have to share a room with anyone else but unfortunately another woman turned up...and I wouldn't usually say unfortunately but this woman proved to be the source of no sleep for us both. Her ticket placed her in the middle bunk and I have honestly never heard someone snore like she did before, it was like she was trying to exorcise a devil! Jaimee and I were shouting at eachother over her excessive noise pollution and she was still sound asleep...

Not a fun train trip...

We arrived in Krakow at 6am and made our way to our hostel. Thankfully we were able to check in and no sooner had we settled we headed back to the bus station to make our way to Auschwitz. After a bumpy 2 hour bus ride we made it and we spent the day at the sombering concentration camps. After a mentally and physically exhausting day we made our way back into Krakow and headed out for some traditional Polish cuisine, absolutely delicious! We then went and checked out the night markets before heading out for a few drinks.

The next morning we woke up and packed our bags for the last time before spending the morning sightseeing. No sooner had we walked around the city it was time to leave for the airport and I really wanted to stay!

Krakow is such a beautiful city and I would love to go back sometime. We had a breezy trip home back to London and arrived home to a 3 course meal cooked by Rob 😊

Di

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb