Whereabouts in Warsaw


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
June 2nd 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning we woke up and grabbed some breakfast and met up with our friends from Houston. We did a bit of site seeing around Old Town, and eventually ended up at the tomb of the unknown soldier. In the end, we ended up in a park again with iced coffee. We did some park hopping around... before we finally made ourselves to dinner. I enjoyed some pan friend pierogis with a different cold soup, this time bright pink!! I've never eaten so many brightly colored foods in my life! 😊 Iza had what seemed to be a breaded pork cutlet, and Luis a platter of mixed meats. After meeting up with some of Iza's family, we met up with the friends to share some goodbyes as they were headed off to their next country in their European excursion. We made it back to Iza's place to spend some time with the other students in the dorm before calling it a night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Old TownOld Town
Old Town

This building, as well as others in Old Town, were completely reconstructed after the war from old postcards, otherwise they were utterly destroyed...
Stalin BuildingStalin Building
Stalin Building

one of the distinguishing buildings of Warsaw
Tomb from AfarTomb from Afar
Tomb from Afar

This too used to be a huge palace, but this is all that remains after the war
Attack of the ducks!! Attack of the ducks!!
Attack of the ducks!!

...too bad I never even saw this, and this is a picture Iza took... talk about clueless...
Dinner!Dinner!
Dinner!

my soup looks like pepto bismal!!
LuisLuis
Luis

...very excited to have all that...
Free!!Free!!
Free!!

Instead of an after-dinner mint... in Poland they give you a complimentary shot... this one was of some sort of raspberry liquor! :)


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb