Shrine of the Divine Mercy


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
September 23rd 2005
Published: October 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After our visit to Krakow we headed to the Shrine of the Divine Mercy in Lagiewiniki, Poland. The Shrine of the Divine Mercy is where St. Faustina lived when she had several apparitions. I want to say she had somewhere around 72 apparitions, but I could be wrong on that one, it was a lot though. All of her apparitions are contained in her diary (The Diary of Saint Faustina). In one apparition Christ revealed to her the image of the Divine Mercy and taught her how to pray the Divine Mercy chaplet. The Divine Mercy chaplet is a devotion that consists of the adoration of Mercy. The nature of the devotion is a spirit of trust and helps us to assume an attitude of conforming our will to Jesus’ will. (I don’t know how well I did at explaining that so anyone that has a better way of putting it feel free to comment).

We didn’t get to spend a whole lot of time at the shrine but the time we did spend there was beautiful. When we first arrived we had a little introduction talk from one of the sisters. Then we had an hour before mass to walk around.

Coreen and I spent time in the adoration chapel and then went over to an outdoor chapel of sorts that had a wall full of prayers and petitions. It was amazing. Then we went over to the chapel that contained St. Faustina’s relics and we were able to venerate them.

Shortly after that we had mass in the newest church. It was a very modern church and Colosi (one of our professors) said it was designed by a communist. It was quite interesting and very beautiful.

My favorite part of the church was the tabernacle which was in the shape of a globe. I thought it was a good idea for a tabernacle because Christ is inside of it and shows how He is the center of the world.





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



19th October 2005

great
Thanks for keeping us informed of your travels Jenny we get so excited when we see we have a new entry on your blog lol Dad
21st October 2005

Wow, this is so cool!
Hi! I really love your blog! Also, you're so fortunate to be able to go abroad to study, and see all these great things! When you get back, look me up, maybe a bunch of us from Newark Catholic can get together. :-) Have fun!
14th December 2006

Divine Mery
I had been to this shrine last Dec 6, 2006. The church is so beautiful, the only religious figure you will see there is the painting of our lord, which is the center of the church, on the left side of the church is a painting of the Madonna. The tabernacle is also unique, it is globe shaped. I've also noticed on my way out of the church is like a marker with a little stone inbedded on it incased in a glass, I found out it was a small piece of rock from the 'CAVE OF NATIVITY' where Jesus was born. On the sister's convent, is a painting of the Divine Mercy, this is not the original one, but it is in this spot that our Lord appeared.I've never dreamed that one day I would be stepping on this shrine .

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb