Poland!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
July 6th 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Poland!!

We had such a great time in Dro these past few days. The day that we updated last was our free day, so to speak, we didnt see the family. We went to a lake called Largo del Garda which was gorgeous and ate some really yummy Indian food. The next day the three of us played poker on the balcony of the B and B and polished off two bottles of wine. Then we were picked up by the family and had the usual salami, bread, meat, and cheeses before we were whisked away to a little rock concert at a Sports Center. I think the entire town was there, aged 5 to 60, haha and it was a ton of fun!

BTW Monique to answer your question, Ian and Dillon kept pointing to your mom in pictures and saying Nona which is grandma in Italian, but the first couple we met didnt believe them!! Hahaha I still dont think they did by the end of our visit with them, but the rest of the family, who we actually hung out with, believed us. Hah.

So we had a slight change of plans. We had planned on staying at the B and B for 5 nights, but they only had rooms for 4 nights. So Dillon left for Pamplona a day early and Ian and I trained to Verona and spent the night there. We saw Juliets house, as in Romeo and Juliet, and the famous balcony. It was a great town and we had a delicious dinner and gelato for not too much money.

This morning we woke up early and traveled by bus, train, tram, plane, and foot to get to Krakow, Poland, where we are now. We havent explored yet but are about to. We will be here today and tomorrow and then leave for Auschwitz the day after that!!

Hope all is well there. We read a brief newsflash about fires in CA but we understand they arent near any of us we dont think.



Advertisement



6th July 2008

OMG, Katie, you guys have been incredibly busy !!! Was Verona ever on your itinerary or did you just luck out there? Bus, train, tram, plane and on foot ?? By now you both know how to get just about any place. Soak it all in, enjoy every moment, or at least most every moment. Fantastic. Still missing you ... the critters miss you too. Love ~ Mom

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb