Horrific...


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
June 10th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

What's this leading to?What's this leading to?What's this leading to?

Guess what this sign leads to???
So, first day in Krakow, went straight to the Auschwitz Museum..That's the Nazis' biggest concentration and execution camp...

It was horrific. I remember seeing the A-bomb museum in Hiroshima...and it was already very sad....this one..the stories were....OMG.....the more I learned about the WWII...the sadder it got.....

I took the guided tour...it was a little rush, but the idea got through...
Just difficult to explain in words....the quantity......amazing...and suprising...
Now I think the Poles are very strong people and Nation...Their history is just....sad.

Anyways. got out of the camp...went back to Krakow.
Wanted to ask about some guided tours to other places but the cheap tour agent was CLOSED!!!
ahhhh...so ended up touring around the old town in Krakow....nice ne. not too speical tho.
They are celebrating this 750 yrs of establishment of the city so they have events al lover the town sq. Nice ne!!!

Then went back to the hostel....
Met this Welsh guy yesterday here and today he joined with 3 Swedes and we all went out for a drink at this pub...which was nice! They had their own brewery and some nice beers! I had a ginger beer.....taste nothing like beer....i mean....just no
Here's a hint.Here's a hint.Here's a hint.

But, this is the version where the prisoners used at the Nazi camps...
beer taste......and no ginger taste...weird.
You can order beers in tubes of like 3 or 5 litres and kinda like having your own private tap...sweeeet! The dark beer was actually nice=)

At the pub met with these 2 Polish..then we all joined together and went to this other pub to drink..
Learned a lot thru the chats...interesting people....

headed back to the hostel at 130am....now....tired...bedtime!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The Death GateThe Death Gate
The Death Gate

The Concentration Camp..it looks innocent...from the outside..
EntranceEntrance
Entrance

To the Auschuwitz part...which is the first section and the smaller one...
ExecutionExecution
Execution

the wall where prisoners were shot...after like a 3 min. trial...WTH??
Gas ChambersGas Chambers
Gas Chambers

Looks how nice it is from the outside... Can never imagine...inside was a place where mass killing takes place!! ><"
FencesFences
Fences

Poor people. Espeically the Jews, they were told to come to have jobs and new life...ended up.....aiii..
statuestatue
statue

scary ne...
Endless!Endless!
Endless!

This is the larger part of the camp..The nazis burnt it down when they lost the war, but then, those chimneys stayed and wow...this place is HUGE!!!
AccommodationAccommodation
Accommodation

One of these houses holds more than Thousands of prisoners at a time!!! and the beds are tilted coz it saves space!...Good logic there huh?
back to Krakowback to Krakow
back to Krakow

sth less serious....^^
BarbaricanBarbarican
Barbarican

This arc building of the wall or sth...they had one in Warsaw as well...
ChurchesChurches
Churches

nice as usual...the same red brick and green weird colours..
and more Churches!and more Churches!
and more Churches!

took this pic just coz of the light....haaa..
Post office!!!Post office!!!
Post office!!!

right in the middle of the town sq.!! COOOL....they just closed when I got there!! >_<"
Eyeball!Eyeball!
Eyeball!

I want to be the eyeball!!!!!
Colours!!Colours!!
Colours!!

Nice recycling system ne???
750 years of Cracow!750 years of Cracow!
750 years of Cracow!

The last night of their 10-days celebration!!
Ginger Beer!Ginger Beer!
Ginger Beer!

Brewed in this pub's own brewery!! taste nothing like ginger..nor beer. haaa!
personal Tap!personal Tap!
personal Tap!

every table can have their own personal tap! 3-5 L! dark beer taste much better!!!=)


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb