WinterWarsawPoland


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Greater Poland
April 8th 2016
Published: April 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

On the first week of February 2013, made a 4-day trip in the capital of Poland, Warsaw. It was a 1hr and 40-min flight from Frankfurt, Germany. As expected, temperature won't be different, white and below 0.

Surprisingly, Polish are good-looking. They have this Twilight-Vampire-like skin and features, kinda pale, maybe because of the weather. They're not vampire though.

Had my first picture upon arrival then followed at the Palace of Culture and Science. A stunning building for it's obviously tall and located at the city center.

Famous Pierogi is being introduced next by a Polish friend in one of the local restaurants. A dumpling of Polish "descent" that is thick, made of dough with lamb, onions and other spices inside. YUM YUM!

Next day was followed by a city tour. Thankful to a friend who was gracious enough to be my Google and guide. Visited the Royal Castle Square which is the old residence of the Polish monarchs. The area became the center for major activities such as shoppings, meetings and displays. Very touristy. Aside from these major activities, good to see and feel old brick - made buildings and architecture. The buildings are well kept even the colors.

Made a quick walk also around the open but guarded Presidential Palace. Home of the famous aristocrats of the country with the equestrian statue of Prince Josef.

Dropped by also at the Chopin Monument. Free concerts are held in this famous Polish mucisian park.

Then we kept walking... It made me more closer to the major attractions and touch what is Warsaw as a city. Tulips and other winter flowers were sold on the streets. I thought they're plastics. So natural and beautiful. The streets are very friendly to pedestrians and less congested. Despite of the cold weather, walking wasn't a problem.

I can feel my feet are not happy anymore. Dropped in a local burger restaurant. The ambiance is very modern, of course of Polish touches and hell, the burger is so rich, meaty and thick. YUM YUM.

On the next day, had the major highlight of my trip, badminton tournament. A few play much of badminton actually. It was a local tournament and I'm the only Asian who participated and one French. Got my first 2nd place medal for singles and 3rd place for doubles playing outside Asia. An experience of a lifetime. The tournament followed by a party. I forgot the name of that 3-storey club but one thing for sure, I will never forget the activities it offers in every floor. The tournament didn't end after the party. Before flying back to Frankfurt on the next day, all players will gather for breakfast. Feels good to see and taste Polish meal. Until now, I'm grateful to a local friend who accommodated me. Felt the life of a sporty Polish and Warsaw.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb