HIDDENsouthCEBU


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu » Santander » Poblacion
April 13th 2016
Published: April 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Last April 9, 2016, Saturday, nothing much to do after graveyard shift breakfast. I decided to make a quick whole day trip to the southern town of Cebu, Santander. Santander is the closest town if you want to cross from Dumaguete to Cebu. It's just an hour ride by pumpboat at 45 pesos from the town of Sibulan, a municipality that is part of Metro Dumaguete.

Santander is a fourth class municipality compose of ten barangays. This town has loads to offer for budget tourists who wants to enjoy a 5-star non-commercialized and less touristy environment.

1. Arrived around 9am at Brgy. Liloan port. The port is smaller that accommodates pumpboat and other small vessels. The water is of blue-green clear, kids are swimming and few locals on their fishing activity.

2. Walked from Liloan port to downtown Santander, Poblacion for around 90mins in my speed. Visited the town hall, asked the tourism personnel for possible attractions of the town and walked around the metro. Kinda lucky on that day for it's the opening of the annual town fiesta in honor of St. Gabriel. The town is a bit busy but one thing for sure on normal days, it's quiet and less occupied.

To my surprise, saw a street with a sign "Lubi Beach Resort and Restaurant". Out of curiosity, walked on the street and pass by the newly painted church of St. Gabriel. And on less than 5 minutes, saw an attention-seeking view of the ocean, blue sky and the island across, Negros. This scenery on top of the hill made me pause and never had a second thought of going to the resort anymore. Made few clicks and selfies and challenged myself of going down on this steep rock face. What an achievement making to the beach after that cliff challenge. Enjoyed swimming on this no-tourist, hidden beach of blue-green water. I'M IN MY OWN EXPLORED PARADISE!

3. After 2hrs on the beach, decided to walk again. It will be longer this time, around 3hrs, midday. Tried to walk uphill to Brgy. Liptong. Nobody is on the area except me and the chirps of the birds. Feeling lost however as adventurous as I am and despite of 36 degrees heat, I made it to this hidden falls, Ambakan. The falls is cute with a tiny pool of clear water. It is perfect to chill after that long heating walk.

After an hour of refreshing, decided to return to proper Santander and have a good late lunch. Walking back to Liloan port at this time is a bit quicker. It was a great weekend with a total budget of 210 pesos, fares Dumaguete-Liloan-Dumaguete, lunch and sweet cold drinks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb