Wroclaw & Poznan


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Greater Poland » Poznan
June 4th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Czech/Polish BorderCzech/Polish BorderCzech/Polish Border

Very nice border! The nature around it makes it a great place to go cycling!
So, Wroclaw was nice! Although my hostel was on the other side of town, it was really close to all the mornuments! I went walkig to the Cathedral district first, they h ave this really n ice big church there. WOWOW There are like churches everywhere!!!! like walk 3 steps you see one...
It was a Sunday so people were all dressed up for the mass. One church had the ceremony for the kids! Cute.

After that j ust kept walking to the Rynek (old town )...very nice...not that beautiful but had a nice feel to it. Went into the town hall but nothing interesting.

Then headed off to the Panorama . its the most famous spot to go here. Its this 360 degree painting about this war against the Russians. Very cool indeed. They had an audio guide which was good for understanding it. You must take a tour to go in and I was lined up for the 1330 one. I had 2 hours to kill! Good thing, this ticket allow me to go to the National museum for free! woah! So took a few steps and went into the National Museum.

They showed some
Some..Bishop? Some..Bishop? Some..Bishop?

Very cool statues...one of my favourites so far..!
really nice Polish art from the 1300s-1900s. Lots of modern stuff as well. Very cool. i like modern polish stuff.....abstract but nice.

Went back to the hostel and on the way, went to this place to get some 'so-called' local polish food. It was alright. haaaa
Spend the rest of the night at the hostel...uploading pictures to online storage...haa...putting it on the blog requires resizing...which I am still figuring out how to....haa.

Then, took a train to Poznan. Had to take a tram to the hostel again, but great location! Right at the edge of the old town!!! This was a very nice and modern one as well..and very few people...haaaa
Anyways, spent the night and today, went around the old town and the katedra. MONDAY!!! ahhhhh I wanted to go to this musical instrument museum! but it was closed....=( very sad....walked around in the rain... not much to see...
Then walked into the shopping centre and the shopping street....wanted to change kahki pants.....ahhh...but then...the pair I saw was 70zl.....about 200HKD...so ...didnt get it lo.

Then, took the train to Gdansk. The ride was long! 5.5 hours!!! On the train, met this po lish guy who can
Chapel @ Town HallChapel @ Town HallChapel @ Town Hall

Very nice chapel/hall...the ceiling makes me dizzzzzzy.....
speak English....very nice. keep telling me how he hates the common polish...and America,...haaaa!!!!
Anyways, arrived and found my hostel....as said in reviews..."you would never find it without the help from locals"...i was walking around and round... its #23 ma...i walked pass #21... then it was #25!!! WTF?!?!?! this old lady saw me with a backpack and pointed me to this side road....lead to this b u ilding behind the bridge and there it was!!! ...weird urban planning...

Anyways......not as expected......COLD SHOWERS ><"
Many people here tho......met a nice Italian girl....haa..gonna find her when I go to Italy! haaa..
Another 2 Canadians in my room...nice=)

Off now...only one PC in this hostel...



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Poznan Old TownPoznan Old Town
Poznan Old Town

Colourful!!!
Kadetra..Kadetra..
Kadetra..

and there's one in every town/city...and they use the same colour scheme!!
Some part of the town Sq.Some part of the town Sq.
Some part of the town Sq.

I think its a museum behind the statue....


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb