Kristiansund to Lillehammer- July 13-15


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
July 13th 2010
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We spent two nights in the harbor city of Kristiansund. We had a great room at the Thon Hotel Kristiansund that had been an old fish warehouse and was located on the water across from Kristiansund city centre. At this point in our travels we turned our car South toward Oslo and even though it was raining we had a pretty drive through rolling hills, more fjords and then high mountains. As we were driving in the high counry we noticed an old looking lodge and decided to stop for the night. The lodge name is Hjerkinn Fjellstue (means mountain lodge) and is the oldest in Norway still in existence and operating. It has been a shelter for travelers for over 1200 years and was a great place to stay.

Our next stop was Lillihammer, the site of the 1994 Winter Olympics. We took a drive up the mountains to see the Holmenkollen Ski Jump. After viewing the ski jump from the very top I think it pretty amazing that anyone has the courage to ski down. Also is a very nice view of Lillehammer from the top.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Holmenkollen Ski JumpHolmenkollen Ski Jump
Holmenkollen Ski Jump

View from Below
Ski JumpSki Jump
Ski Jump

View from the Top
Jan and WarrenJan and Warren
Jan and Warren

Top of Ski Jump with Lillehammer in background


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb