Another Sea Day


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
July 21st 2009
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sorry Mom kept me out late so didn’t have a chance to post last night and only have a few minutes now since I have an early excursion. Yesterday was another sea day so looks like our routine is going to be mass at 8 followed by breakfast in the Dining Room on sea days with the other Sharon. The priest was a bit late (the crew member who helps had to call him and he said he was taking a leisurely bath). He’s very nice however and the 5 of us at the daily mass are enjoying it. We then checked out the laundry area just down the hall from our cabin so Mom could do some laundry while I went up to what was supposed to be a lecture on tundra. However, they were still trying to work on his photos so he did a talk on Stone Figures. I didn’t stay thru the whole thing (will try to catch it on TV later if we’re ever in our cabin long enough). It was then time for the first scenic crusing of the day so we went up to Erin and Dennis’s room as we cruised into a lovely fjord to a town I can’t remember the name of (began with an S). it wasn’t originally on our schedule but the pilot suggested it to the captain and got permission for us to do it. The Saga Rose was in port there along with another ship. After that we headed up to lunch in the Lido which was very crowded. Mom and I had turkey which was good but the potatoes and vegetables were cold. We then headed back up to Erin and Dennis’s room for more scenic crusing thru Lysefjord to Pulpit Rock. I’ll post the pictures tonight or tomorrow. It was very scenic and we enjoyed it. Mom and Dennis then headed down for Tea and then Mom and I hit the casino for our donation. At least this time she didn’t put a $5 bill in a $5 machine and her $1 lasted almost as long as my $20. When we walked by the $5 machine the casino manager ran over and told her not to (laughing) but that next time she brought in $5 he’d tell her which machine to play.

We then headed up to the Crows Nest for a coke before dinner and then it was time for dinner. The menu was almost all fish so most people ordered off the always available list though I ordered the duck which was actually very good. This was the first time in a week mom and I haven’t ordered the same thing. Then it was time for the show. Nick Lewin was billed as a magician but was really more of a comic and very funny so we all enjoyed it. Then Mom and I headed to watch the line dancing and then up to the Crows Nest for Name that Tune Country which we won and now have HAL luggage tags! By then it was 11 so figured we’d better get to bed.

Well have to sign off and get to breakfast before my tour. Will try to post again tonight.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.921s; Tpl: 0.052s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.2933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb