On our way


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
June 14th 2009
Published: June 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

14.6 09, at 05:00 in the morning( Norwegian time) we(Jorgen and me) left Oslo on our way to Stavern. It was a 12 hour Journey, were we almost at once got to test one of our new foresail, a genaker. It was a sunny and comfortable ride with the 3-7 m/s, down wind. I even got a tan, and a red nose... even though I used sun factor 50. Unfortunaly we didnt get to see much of the town, we were just to tired.

The next day we startet at 07:00 am. The wind was a bit stronger today, and the waves bigger. We stopped at Arendal to buy some food and relax a bit.
Before the sun went down we got on our boat, on our way to Kristiansand. We sailed throughout the night and slept in shift, two hours at a time. It was an exiting trip, since we never have sailed alone after dark. An Idea for better safety at night may be to get a alarm, so if someone falls over board at night, the alarm will go of and the other person will awake.
We arrived in Kristiansand 04:20 am.... and went to bed!

When we finally woke, we walked in to the city center and got on a guided city-train, a bumpy, but fun ride! Stopped at "Fiskebrygga" where we enjoyed an ice-cream in the sun. We even got to do some shopping today. Bought some new books, some sailcloth for me, and a GPS log for our camera, now all our photo gets geotaged automatically, WEEE!

At 5:20 the next morning we left Kristiansand. Had to go early so we would pas Lindesnes while the weather was good. Lindesnes is the most southern point on the mainland Norway, and is often subject to horrible condition, due to the baltic current and the golf stream meeting. But it was a bit too quiet today, the wind was too weak for sailing, so we had to use the engine all the way.
Now though, sitting in my boat at shore in Egersund, the wind is howling and the rain is pouring down. Glad we went to shore early today.
In about four days or so, I reckon we reach Bergen. And on the 24th of june we will join a regatta over to Shetland, from there we will continue through the Caledonian canal. But I´ll keep writhing, when i got time.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb