Brevik Gathering & Adventures


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway
September 22nd 2012
Published: September 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

What a day today! First a morning walk along the nearby river, coffee and lunch at Dad's cousin Alf's house with daughters Randi and Elin and spouses, next a visit to the cemetery where greatgrandparents Kristoffer and Lisa Brevik are buried. Then on to the village of Brandal where we started meeting up with family at a seal-hunting museum. Eighty percent of seal hunting originated here, and the tour became personal when Per Leif and Jan Peter shared their stories. Of course, people also wanted to talk to each other, too. We then went a short ways down the road to the building Elin had arranged to use for the gathering. Family members who seldom see each other, some who had not met in decades, gathered and had a great time. Elin and Randi put hours into the whole event. At the end, while cleanup continued, Jan Peter and Elin & family took us to the site of a WWII encampment elaborately constructed by the occupying Germans further out of town. I don't think we could have asked for more. But there is more to come in the next few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Those in AttendanceThose in Attendance
Those in Attendance

Minus Lisa, who took photo


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb