Norway: Three days in Bergen


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
September 18th 2016
Published: September 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Norway: Bergen, Flam and more.

This is the second step of our journey through some of the Scandinavian countries (including Norway, Iceland and Faroe Islands)

Having finished our great days in Iceland, we started our experiencie in Norway. We only stayed five days there, but we will definitelly be back to a longer holiday. Norway is just too big for just 3 days.

We arrived in Bergen, at Bergen-Flesland airport. It is a small and very busy international airport located about 15 km away from Bergen, which is very handy.

We rented some bikes the first day of our stay in Bergen, and it was a great idea. We booked a bike tour with a local company. The tour took us from the city center to Edvard Grieg’s home on Troldhaugen:

1.South of Bergen

2.Gamlehaugen (a castle where the royal family will stay when they visit Bergen.)

3.House Wernerholm,

4. Troldhaugen

The day after, we received some tips by the hotel staff (Scandic Hotel). They adviced us to book a tour, and we did it 😊. It was a round trip that lasts several hours and takes you through some of the most beautiful landscapes in Norway. It was amazing!!! The tour included the Bergen Railway, Flåm Railway and a fjord safari with a local guide. The scenery is glorious and interesting, a trip totally recommended. Be book that tour from Fjord Tours.

The next days we rented a car to visit some cities that are pretty close to Bergen: Fjell, Ulvik, Vossevangen and Flam (with Cars Norway). We fall in love with Flam. It is a very beautiful little town. We booked a kayaking trip during our stay there (another great advise from the hotel staff where we stayed in Bergen the days before). It was a increidible experience! If we visit Norway again we will definitelly repeat it!

We stayed one night in Bergen, but we didn’t have too much luck with the hotel. It was so noise, and the staff was a little bit rude. But it was just one night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb