Trough the snow desert to the viking lands


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
April 1st 2006
Published: October 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we went to Oslo's train station to the very comfortable Norweigan trains, guys if you have to make a sightseeing train travel this is a must you will never forget (specially if you don't have a lot of snow where you live) from a gorgeous invernal landscape, trees totally covered by snow, almost frozen rivers, mountains covered by snow, the first hour to the most scary winter dessert with no more to see than large extensions of flat snow (not saying it don't worth it) , the one thing that amaze me as a foreigner was people going down the train in the midddle of nothing to practice cross country skii , Wow, suddenly you can see less snow and we arrive to Bergen a nice coast little town, a very nice viking town, if you simply want to fool around, see the port from the viewer in th emountain, bergen is the place of rest, the we try this "Norway in a nutshell" tour trough the fiords, If you go to Norway is a must, we take this little boat to the fiords, the wind was so amazing (and chilly)but the landscape is simply spectacular, you can see a lot of little houses at the side of the fiords very isolated but marvelous, we had the opportunity to see an avalanche, it reall sounds so scary.

But in general if you're looking fo a gorgeous ladscape norway is the best place to go. After this we went back to our hostel, that was a very nice one, one of the things that you must bear in mind is that you must use public transportation most of the times you're on travel, and even that a lot of people speaks very good english the announcements are in Norweigan so you have to figure out the days schedules, etc (not to complicated) but if you're on a holiday like we were, was a funny thing walk down to downtown.

Bergen is nice rest corner in Norway with beautifull surroundings. But it's time to rest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb