Bergen and Mount Floyen


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
July 30th 2019
Published: July 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

This morning was another beautiful day. We headed out on the now familiar drive from Os to Bergen which is a lovely drive. After parking the car above the central bus station, we walked towards Mount Floyen and found the trail to hike up. There is also a funicular up this mountain but we chose to hike it. There were some very steep sections and plenty of stairs too. But I felt very safe the whole way. The hike was about 1 1/2 hours to the top at a leisurely pace with water breaks. At the top, we found Lake Revurtjemet and borrowed canoes and canoed around for about 1/2 hour which was really fun. Then we walked over to where the funicular comes up to take some pictures of the view which was unbelievable looking out over Bergen. Then we walked back down which took around 45 minutes. We walked back through downtown Bergen checking out some shops and street vendors along the way. Back to the car where we exchanged hiking packs for a swim bag and headed back to the AdO Arena since we enjoyed it so much last time. We all enjoyed it again and Rachel braved the 5m diving block and Russell tackled the 10m diving block. They agreed it was fun except that it kinda hurts hitting the water from that height. This of course didn't stop them from doing it over and over again. Rachel did some lane swim and found the 50m very different from the normal 25m. All in all, another fun time. Then we found the sauna this time so enjoyed that also. Back to the car and drove home. When we arrived home, torrential rain started (huge raindrops). It was monsoon-like. Good timing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



4th August 2019
Family at the top of Floyen

Wow!!! That's pretty high up for you Lori.

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb