Waterfall Day


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Hardanger
July 31st 2019
Published: July 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well, it rained quite heavily last night and continued through until morning. It was a light drizzle during my run but a comfortable temperature of around 20 degrees. The rain actually stopped around 10am so it was dry but overcast when we departed. We headed out around 11am along one of the narrower roads once again but we are getting used to them now. The first photo op was called Fossen Brutte and it was a spectacular waterfall. Actually, our timing was great as due to the rain overnight there were actually about 50 small waterfalls along the drive coming down from the mountains. And the big waterfalls we saw were flowing VERY heavily today! On to Steinsdalfossen which is another gorgeous waterfall where you can actually climb up to near the top of the falls and walk under the rock overhang to stand underneath the falls. The last stop was a lovely town called Norheimsund. Here we walked around the marina and found a nice cafe where we enjoyed a shrimp sandwich, Bergen fish soup, lamb burger and salmon sandwich. All were delicious. Back to the car and we followed a different route back home for a change of beautiful scenery. By the way, other Norwegian foods we have tried include fish cakes, Norwegian meatballs, herring, cloudberry jam, wasa bread with squeeze meats, local beer, some Norwegian pastries, mini baquettes and local cheeses.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.2245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb